2017 Arbor Tips
” or contact our City or contact our City or or contact our City and result in less energy needed to cool and a lower power bill. Those very same trees can provide by allowing the sunshine through the branches and cut down on heating costs.
To learn more, please visit the and the or contact the City , here are a few helpful tips:
Buying Your Tree
- Buy fresh from a reputable nursery or cut your own to help extend the life of the tree.
- If you purchase a pre-cut tree, needles should not fall off so check for freshness by pulling your hand towards you along the branch.
- Keep in mind that only a small percentage of trees that are kept indoors all winter can survive outdoors if you take that route.
Caring for Your Tree
- Saw a couple of inches off the bottom of the trunk before setting it in water.
- Watering is critical so never let the water level go below the tree’s base.
- Be sure to keep your tree away from heat.
Reusing Your Tree
- Use your tree as the base of a brush pile.
- Sink old trees in your pond to make a cozy area for aquatic life.
- Chip the tree into mulch or bring it to the free Keep Lowndes Valdosta Beautiful (KLVB) .
To learn more, please visit . Also, if you are interested in giving the “original green gift” this year, check out these options at the .