Going Green: What does it mean?
NOTE: Due to COVID-19, the curbside recycling program has been temporarily suspended. However, city residents can continue to recycle by using one of the three recycling drop-off sites.
Going Green means making lifestyle choices to protect the environment. This entails recycling or reusing materials and reducing energy use, such as using less water or turning off lights when they're not in use. The City of Valdosta encourages residents to reduce, reuse and recycle. City residents can now drop off recyclables at the following locations:
- CUSTOMER SERVICE PARKING LOT (102 N LEE STREET)
- FIVE POINTS SHOPPING CENTER
CITY LOT ON HILL AVENUE (1025 W HILL AVENUE)
We ask that containers be rinsed out and cardboard be broken down prior to dropping them off.
What Can Be Recycled?
(Place the following items in the recycling trailer.)
|Material||What to Recycle||How to prepare||Not acceptable|
(newspapers, magazines, mixed paper)
|Glass, Food, Beverage Bottles, Jars||Rinse clean. Labels may be left on.|
|Cans||Rinse clean. Labels may be left on.|
- Make sure your recyclable materials are clean, dry and empty.
- Break down any cardboard boxes.
- If it's not on the list, it is a non-recyclable item and should not be placed in your blue bin.
- When in doubt, call 229-259-3588 before you put it out!
1017 Myrtle Street
Valdosta, GA 31601